I’ll tell you what, Amsterdam is a great place to grab a drink. Let me walk you through some of my favorite spots in the city to imbibe.
- Café Centercourt: This is a great spot to sit and lounge on the canal, have a few beers, and people watch. It’s located right by the statue of Majoor Bosshardt, famous for her service with Salvation Army in the Red Light District.
- Canal Cruise: You can’t visit this world of canals without experiencing it by boat. It’s quite a bacchanal for the senses. You can eat, drink, and even smoke as you sail through the city.
- The Sky Lounge: This is a great place to get up high and see some sweeping views. It sits atop the Double Tree Hotel in one of the few skyscrapers in city center.
- In ‘t Aepjen: This historic bar has been in operation since 1519. Its name translates to “in the monkeys.” During the Dutch golden age, sailors returning from far off lands would often pay their bar tabs by exchanging their newly acquired pet monkeys. Sadly, no monkeys inhabit the old inn anymore–but you can find monkey trinkets aplenty.
- De Drie Fleschjes: This little tavern is the quaintest of the quaint (if that’s even a thing). The tasting room has been open since 1650, and the moment you step inside you you’ve immediately step back in time. Grab an order of ossenworst (that’s raw ox sausage) and a pint of Dutch brewed goodness.
- Arendsnest: If you’re looking to sample as many Dutch beers as you possible can, this place is for you. They proudly serve local products only. There are over 300 breweries in Holland and these guys know pretty much all of them. With over 52 beers on draft and 100 offered in bottles, you have the chance to try way more beers than you probably should.
- Brouwerij ‘t IJ: This brewery, opened in 1985, serves up some gnarly beers. They’re also located smack-dab on top of the largest wooden windmill in the Netherlands. Visiting is quite the experience. Located a bit out of the way, it doesn’t feel tremendously touristy, but it can get very crowded. Try a beer for yourself and you’ll find out why.
beautiful shots & it looks like you had a lot of fun shooting it! Definitely on my bucket list 🤗
thank you so much!
Amsterdam is a great city. I was there last fall.
isn’t it?! so much fun.