Welcome to beautiful Zurich, Switzerland’s largest city. Even though I only experience about 24 hours of this beautiful spot, I’d jump at the opportunity to go back.
They city of Zurich sits perched atop Lake Zurich (which happens to look quite a bit like a banana from above). Many boats and swans bob about in the water, feeling as close to a metropolitan getaway as it possibly can.
Facts about Zurich:
- German is the official language.
- Zurich is the birthplace of Dadaism, an art movement during the 20th century, rejecting logic and embracing the nonsensical.
- Many of Zurich’s fountains contain drinkable water. (The Swiss are very proud of their clean water–as they have every right to be!)
- It is one of the most expensive cities, yet those who call it home are among the happiest in the world.
- The first known settlers established their community over 5,000 years ago.
- Zurich is home to the No Show Museum, dedicated to nothing. Strange, yes–and thoroughly thought provoking.
Don’t forget to have a pot of Swedish fondue!
Lovely photos! Putting Zurich on the travel bucket list. 🙂
Thank you!! It’s a must see!
why thank you!
nice post! I’m going there soon 🙂
Here in Zurich we speek Swiss German, a , people from Germany don’t really understand.
Very beautiful photos, i liked St.Peter by night and the view from Lindenhof.
oh really! There must be quite a few differences then. Zurich is such a great city!