After a quick weekend in Napa, I am blown away by the beauty that big ol’ plot of land has to offer. It reminded me very much of the soft, sloping hills of the European countryside. Here’s a list of what we did while we were there:
- stayed at Napa Valley Marriott
- went hiking in Sugarloaf State Park–all the way to the top of Bald Mountain for sweeping views of the Bay Area
- did a little wine tasting at Castello di Amorosa and Hall Winery
- tried every single beer on tap at one of the greatest breweries of all time, Russian River Brewing
- ate a little of this and a little of that at Oxbow Public Market in downtown Napa
- and enjoyed San Francisco for a few hours before our return flight
Even though this castle looks like it was it’s from the 13th century, it was actually built in 1994–a very realistic replica of architecture past.
What wineries should I try next time I visit?