During my traveling years, I’ve never spent time in Phoenix (other than making connections in their airport). It’s quite a colorful city. Maybe the next time you have a connection there, book yourself a little extra time so you can spend a few hours exploreing. Here are a few things you can do to pass the time:
- Tres Leches is a colorful cafe and the perfect place to grab a quick cafe con leche. Pick up an authentic Mexican pastry while you’re there too.
- Check out the street art scattered around Roosevelt Row Art District. It’s a little spread out. Just keep your eyes peeled and don’t forget to look down alleys.
- Get lunch at one of the several restaurants in The Churchill. I really enjoyed this spot. It’s a large open-air, covered courtyard with several restaurants and shops surrounding it on all sides. You can order food and sit with friends in the common area–a great place to go when you can’t pick where to eat.
- Relax or take a boat ride at Encanto Park.
- Taste a few beers at Wren House Brewing Company.
I used Phoenix as a jumping off point for a road trip to Sedona and The Grand Canyon. Stay tuned. I’ll be sharing those stories shortly.