Over Labor Day weekend, I spent a few days in Austin with my parents to celebrate my Mom’s birthday.
For the first few nights, we stayed at a really cool AirBNB on the east side of town. This place was great–well designed and perfect for a weekend get away. Take a look at the gorgeous lamp shade they made out of a tumble weed (pictured below).
The last night we stayed at The Westin in downtown. They have one heck of a pool with one heck of a view.
Here are a few highlights you may be interested in from the weekend:
- Zilker Brewing Company
- Walton’s Fancy and Staple
- Isla (you’ve gotta try the Tituba-made with rum, coconut cream, lime, basil, and jalapeño)
- The Market and Tap Room (rooftop bar downtown)
- Stubbs BBQ
- Little Barrel and Brown (great for brunch)
- get a peak at Frida Kahlo’s Self-portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird at the Harry Ransom Center
- walk around the capitol
- take a stroll on South Congress
- and of course, you have to grab a drink on 6th Street
- listen to some live tunes at Antone’s
- and don’t forget to grab a brew by Austin Beerworks!
Looks like you had a good time. Nice kicks!
Dasha | http://windycitywardrobe.com
thank you, Dasha!!!
looks like a great time and I love the opening photo so much 0 the pool and building – wow
yes! A wonderful time–it’s been so long since I’ve been to Austin. That pool was really something!!!
Great pictures – definitely love the tumbleweed chandelier!
Isn’t that great?! The owner of that Air BNB was very artistic.
I like your photo is very nice.
why thank ya!
this looks awesome! I have always wanted to go to Austin!
check out my mountain camping post- https://courtneylivin.wordpress.com/2016/10/23/blue-bear-mountain/
Wow happy I found your blog! Loved reading through your posts!
thank you so much!
You hit all my favorite spots while you were here!