If you have 24 hours to kill in Miami, here’s a few suggestions around South Beach:
- Take a dip in the ocean along the 4 miles of beach.
- Kill two birds with one stone, grab brunch and watch a drag show at the same time at The Palace.
- Stroll along Ocean Drive to take in the weirdness and the entertainers. We stopped in at Ocean’s Ten and really enjoyed the band. They only have 2 stars on yelp, but it really was a blast.
- As you walk Ocean Drive, get a load of the Art Deco buildings. In the 1930s, Miami was hit hard by the architectural revolution and the result is beautiful.
- Dip into the pool at Freehand Hotel. This hotel/hostel has a public pool, so you’re welcome to swim, layout, or enjoy the bar even if you’re not staying there. They also serve some great tea in their cafe and their vegan ice cream sandwiches are awesome.
- Enjoy a fancy dinner at Cibo Wine Bar. If you sit in the room with the wine storage, keep an eye out for people on harnesses who have to get hoisted up to retrieve bottles.
- Get a mixed drink at Radio Bar. This old radio station was converted into a bar. You can even hang out on the old communication tower. Make sure to use the back entrance, otherwise you’ll never get in.
- Have fun and don’t forget the sunscreen, my friends!