Before reaching Wellington, we were told not to spend a lot of time there because it’s boring–but I definitely disagree with that assessment. Wellington is a gritty city, right on the coast. There are tons of breweries, restaurants, and street art. Here’s a quick list of what we did there:
- Grabbed a late night bite at Ekim Burgers.
- Visit the Garage Project Brewery and grab a few bottles to put in your suitcase for later.
- Head over to the Garage Project Taproom, not to far away. We had a cherry stout they toasted with a giant metal heat rod. So tasty and innovative!
- We stayed at Shepard and Arms. It’s a hostel, but you can hardly tell if you opt for their private bathroom option. And you can do your laundry there, which is a life save.
- We grabbed a few bagels and watched the very entertaining cooking process at Best Ugly Bagel.
- Then tried a few new brews at Fork and Brewer.