Reasons I’m a conflicted sneakerhead:
- I don’t have hundreds of pairs of shoes, nor do I want that many. Too many shoes junk up your life.
- I’m not a conventional hypebeast. You should buy the shoes you like, not the most sought after.
- I love sneakers because I love to wear them. I don’t want boxes of the never worn piling up in my closet.
- Sneakers can have an incredibly long lifespan.
I clean them, steam them, and wear them for every mile they offer.
- Beaters are a big part of my every day. Never throw out a pair because of scuffs or creases. But when their time does come, I always recycle or donate.
- And I wholeheartedly believe that every purchase should be thought through, with waste and global impact in mind.
It’s also really important to me to make things. Creating visually arresting images, through photography or the handcrafted arts, makes me feel happy and whole. This little website is a place where I can share those creations with you.
If you follow along, you’ll get a front seat to the art.
You can travel with me as I do my best to see the world.
And get a glimpse of my current sneaker obsessions.