Are y’all ready for my Pittsburgh Guide No.2? (here’s number one in case you missed it a zillion years ago) If you have a day to spend in the city, here are a few things to tickle your fancy (not to be confused with Fancy Ketchup–it’s Heinz only here folks!):
- Get a load of the Carnegie Museum of Art .(Don’t miss the Ai Weiwei exhibit. It’s only around until August 29th!)
- Grab a beer or a snack at the Grandview Saloon. It’s on Mt. Washington and it has a killer deck.
- While you’re on Mt. Washington, you might as well mosey on over to the observation platforms or take the incline.
- Then make your way to Penn Brewery and have a few pints as you sit on their patio as you listen to live music.
- A while you’re at it, hit up Smallman Galley. It’s a chef incubator, so you can order different plates from different little restaurant pods. I tried one heck of an octopus plate there.
On a side note, while you’re in the area, try to impress people with your Yinzer vocabulary. What’s a Yinzer you ask? Well, I’ll tell ya. You+ones=yinz. It’s the y’all of Pennsylvania. Or when you’re going in depth in the most vague way possible, instead of saying the tired old “and so on” or “yada yada,” give it a “n’at.” Don’t worry, you’re not randomly calling out a pesky bug flying around. You’re simply saying “and that” all smushed together. And whatever you do, don’t properly annunciate “downtown,” or else you’ll show your true colors (that happen not to be black and yellow). It’s dahntahn Pittsburgh, ya hear?
Don’t forget to check out No. 1 from forever ago, mis amigos!