I got to spend a few days in Kansas City this past weekend (the one in Missouri, not to be confused with it’s Kansas City, Kansas neighbor). It’s bigger than I thought it would be–the 6th largest city in the midwest.
Here are a few things to do if you’re in the area:
- Beer Kitchen: This is the place to go if you want bloody’s and brunch (and maybe even a beer back while you’re at it). Order the 8 Hour Corned Beef Hash. You’ll be glad you did.
- The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art: I went to see the work of Cuban photographer Jesse Fernandez. Admission is free for the permanent collection all year round.
- Char Bar: You have to get BBQ while you’re in town.
- The Foundry: Grab a beer, brewed across the street at McCoy’s, and enjoy some snacks. The Foxy Roxxy Red Ale was my favorite.
- Kansas City Bier Company: This German gem is a blast. Grab a pint, a charcuterie plate, and maybe even a brat. Their hefeweizen is delicious!
- Alamo Drafthouse: My Texas people are probably familiar with this hot spot. We went to see Rouge One (oh so good!) and enjoyed some Kansas City Bier as we watched.