From San Francisco to Fort Jones, CA–it was a beautiful road trip. I spent the first 24 hours in the bay area. Here are a few of the joints I hit up:
- Park Central Hotel–talk about a room with a hell of a view. I could see the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and Coit Tower from my bed!
- Dandelion Chocolate Coffee–where you can grab a cup a joe and something sweet to nibble on
- Brenda’s French Soul Food–a New Orleans take on brunch
- Fort Point Beer Co, Local Brewing, & 21st Amendment Brewery for a few SF brews
- The Cook and Her Farmer–cafe, oyster, and wine bar in historic Old Oakland
- The Fairmont Berkley–a gorgeous old hotel that first opened its doors in 1915, boasting gorgeous views, grounds, and spa facilities
Then I hopped in the car, wound my way through the red wood forrest and kept heading north to Santa Rosa, CA to visit Russian River Brewing–home of the famous Pliny the Elder beer. By way of Napa Valley, I traveled to my final destination of Fort Jones, where Five Marys Farms is located. There I spent a few days with the Carhartt team photographing and filming the amazing family who runs the ranch. Take a look at my other blog to get a deeper peak into their every day lives on the land.
You really wowed me this time, California.