Maleny, also located just outside of Brisbane, is very close to Tamborine Mountain. We stayed in this little town for a night and really enjoyed it. Here’s what we got up to:
- We stayed at Top of The Hill B&B. We opted for a cheaper room, so it was tiny. But the food was great–and you get to eat your breakfast on a balcony with a wonderful view.
- Caught the sunrise near the Glasshouse Mountains.
- Did the nature walk at the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve and even spotted several wild wallabies.
- Hiked a very quick trail to Gardner’s Falls. It has one of the coolest rope swings.
- Did a little cheese tasting at Maleny Cheese.
- Then a little wine tasting at Maleny Mountain Wines. You can’t miss this place, it looks like a giant wine barrel.
- Next we were off on a long hike to Kondalilla Falls, which was pretty spectacular and perhaps the biggest waterfall I’ve ever seen in real life.
- Then we sped out to the coast to catch the sunset.
- And grabbed a great dinner at Brouhaha. Their beer was also delicious!