The Gold Coast of Australia is a huge tourist destination. There are tons of shops and high rises, beaches for surfing, restaurants and bars, theme parks, and it’s located right by the rainforest. Because of the rise of the film and music industry, it’s been nicknamed the Hollywood of Australia.
We only spent one night there, and I think we still got a pretty good feel for it. Here’s what we were up to:
- We stayed at the Sheraton Mirage Resort.
- Woke up to watch the sunrise over the ocean.
- Got breakfast at the Life Saving Club.
- Walked along the water and dipped into the pool.
- Grabbed dinner at House of Brews. They had an homage to Chicago’s Au Cheval Burger–so we had to try it.