Take a look at the Willamette River, folks! And take a look at the great view it boasts. Since the last few posts have been about Portland, I thought we could go a little deeper and learn some interesting facts about this great city. Here we go!
- Portland was named by the flip of a coin. If it had landed on the other side, Portland would be known as Boston, Oregon.
- The largest wilderness park within city limits is Portland’s own Forest Park with over 5,000 square acres.
- Being home to more than 60 breweries, Portland has more microbreweries than any other city in the world.
- Portland is one of the few destinations outside of France where you can take your dog into pubs.
- Over 100 years ago, Portland was considered the most dangerous city in the states, to go out for a drink. Not because you might end up dead, but instead shanghaied on a boat to another country.
- This Northwest city also boasts a high amount of community supported agriculture and has the largest number of vegetarian and vegan options for diners.
- Portland has more strip clubs, per capita, than any other city in the US.
- Portland is the only major US city to have a dormant volcano within city limits.
I wore a pair of Nike Roshe Runs and a Carhartt WIP track jacket on this chilly boat ride.
Nice photos. The girl with the long hair is pretty. Is that you?
hhaha that is me– thank you, Drew 🙂
Don’t cut your hair now, Hear? Love it!
you’re funny– I’ll keep it long forever! it always has been. and thanks!!!!
Mine is long as well, but it doesn’t really suit me so everyone says. I colour it medium, dark brown even though I am sixty-eight years old. Mine is always up in a clip and I like it. I am hoping to grow it to my waist, but now my hair is thinning on the top of my head. Urgg!! I feel like 28 but my body is looking a scant older. Ha! 🙂
Cheers (Drink to that)-Rhianna. http://m.metrolyrics.com/drink-to-that-lyrics-rihanna.html