Take a look at the Willamette River, folks! And take a look at the great view it boasts. Since the last few posts have been about Portland, I thought we could go a little deeper and learn some interesting facts about this great city. Here we go!
- Portland was named by the flip of a coin. If it had landed on the other side, Portland would be known as Boston, Oregon.
- The largest wilderness park within city limits is Portland’s own Forest Park with over 5,000 square acres.
- Being home to more than 60 breweries, Portland has more microbreweries than any other city in the world.
- Portland is one of the few destinations outside of France where you can take your dog into pubs.
- Over 100 years ago, Portland was considered the most dangerous city in the states, to go out for a drink. Not because you might end up dead, but instead shanghaied on a boat to another country.
- This Northwest city also boasts a high amount of community supported agriculture and has the largest number of vegetarian and vegan options for diners.
- Portland has more strip clubs, per capita, than any other city in the US.
- Portland is the only major US city to have a dormant volcano within city limits.
I wore a pair of Nike Roshe Runs and a Carhartt WIP track jacket on this chilly boat ride.